SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctreno_gw

Layout help needed for cabinet selection

ctreno
14 years ago

We are meeting with cabinet person for first time tomorrow. We and architect came up with this plan, but at the time, I wasn't really thinking about where everything would go specifically.

The kitchen has been framed, plumbed and wired, but not insulated or sheetrocked yet so I don't think I can change locations of major appliances at this point - or at least without expense. While we considered having the fridge on the sink run, can't do it now because I have a right hinged door. I suppose ovens could move if need be.

The main thing that is hanging me up about this layout is where I am going to put dishes. In current old kitchen we had one long, fairly shallow cabinet that held everything. I loved it. It was right between dishwasher and table and the kids could get to dishes easily. That was the idea of the cabinet to left of wall ovens a hutch/sideboard facing into adjacent open dining area. But That was really to be more for China, table linens, etc. Am I being too fussy I thinking that it will be a pain to turn the corner from the dishwasher to store everyday dishes there? Not sure where else they could go that would be easily kid accessible. Don't like the idea of putting them in drawers, but I suppose they could go in the island in a large drawer?

Oh, the dining room/EIK is just on the other side of island parallel to cooktop wall.

Any great ideas, or should I leave things be?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

">{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus