SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bandjo97_gw

Need help selecting oven cabinets (pics)

bandjo97
12 years ago

Hi there, I am new here, but already am a little addicted to reading the posts here.

We remodeled our kitchen about 12 years ago. Unfortunately, our kitchen designer at the time did not talk us out of keeping our wimpy 24" oven.... and we didn't know that a few years down the road that we would actually want to cook more than a single turkey at Thanksgiving.

Anyway - with our old oven slowing breaking down, we have opted to get a new big oven. (Electrolux Icon 30" double). But it won't fit in the cabinet where the 24' one is. We have another wall. Bookshelves and the computer are the only thing we use this space for.

We decided to use this 8.5 wall for the new oven. The overwhelming part is finding the right cabinet to house the new oven.

A wall unit by zona-cucina caught our eye and we absolutely loved the design. It's more like a piece of furniture. We were thinking of getting one made in a brick red color that would complement our clear-coated maple dura supreme cabinetry.

The more we look, however, the more options we find. Now we are down to price as well... We are waiting on a bid from a custom cabinetry place after showing them our drawing. In the meantime we also were inspired by some Ikea cabinets that others have used.

I have some pictures below and would love to have some feedback on what others think...

I have included pics of:

our current cabinets

the zona cucina inspiration picture

our "drawing" of the same type of cabinet

the Ikea design

and finally... pics of our existing wall where our current oven exists and where the new oven will go.

I need to know if I am overlooking some important design or functional element or what people think of the cabinet colors and hardware?

Yikes... our simple plan to get a new oven has left us a bit overwhelmed...

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County