SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creekylis

Show me your mixed trim/windows/woodwork...PLEASE?

creekylis
16 years ago

Hi again!

I think I've resolved to painting at least some of the woodwork in my house. My question now is where to stop. I've noticed in some posts a successful mix of painted and stained millwork in some homes and I'm thinking that might be the answer for me...

I'm quite sure I want to paint my baseboards, and perhaps add painted crown. Not sure if I want to paint my door trim and/or doors. Also not sure if I want to paint my window trim. My windows must remain stained as I don't want to risk ruining their function (been there, done that).

If you have a mixture of stained and painted millwork, would you mind posting photos and/or telling me your philosophy of what to paint/stain?

I *really* need feedback on this project because once I paint something, I can't go back to stain. I'll also mention that currently my doors are plain lauan slabs, but I would be willing to upgrade to panel doors. I am also planning to install double french doors between my LR and DR (to become an office) and am not sure if I will paint or stain those.

*Please* give me your input. I really need it!

TIA!

Lis

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County