SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
datura_07

drawers in island with table height seating

15 years ago

Lets see if I can explain this. I hate to waste space. My husband and son are making the cabnets for the new and larger island. Right now on the old island, there is seating for four on a lower counter (table height) and there is a height difference of 5 inches between the upper counter and the lower. We are making the island 38 inches high so now there will be a 7 inch difference and I'd really like to add two drawers. The guys said they could do it but will it look ok? And do we match the drawers with the rest in the room or do we make them flush with the front. Yes, I know I won't be able to open the drawer if we have dishes & stuff on the counter. I think it would be a great storage space.

So, have you ever seen this and anyone have any pictures?

We did have a designer come in and he wanted the counter to be all one height and use bar stools. We spend hours in this room and have enjoyed the regular chairs for over 25 years - we have game table chairs and love them. I couldn't sit on stools and read the paper, watch tv and play on the computer for hours at a time. He said he could not do the drawer - come on - it was custom. And his price was just over the top. We have used him for most of our rooms.

Thanks so much for any help.

Comments (24)