SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsr2002

Breakfast in Denver

lsr2002
13 years ago

I've waited to post this until I knew Karen and Charles were home.

Last Friday while Karen (RiverRat) and her husband Charles were visiting their daughter for the weekend in Denver, they met Dlynn and Max and me for a late breakfast.

I'm lucky enough to have met RR and Dlynn before (and briefly met Charles too). But this was the first time that RR and Dlynn had met. Of course, just like every other CF meetup I have ever been a part of, everyone was acting like lifelong friends within 5 seconds. Conversation ranged from food to football and was all wonderful. The men talked, the women talked, we all talked together, nonstop. All too quickly we noticed it was after 12:00 and RR and Charles had to meet their daughter for some sightseeing.

Dlynn came with bags filled with Camembert and wonderful large crackers both made where she lives and a neat CD of a local pianist and keyboard musician who composed and recorded the CD with backup musicians. It's a really pleasant jazz CD that I've played several times and just put on iPod - nice background music.

RR brought each of us a wonderful cookbook published by the Women's Commission of Southwest Louisiana and of course she contributed a number of recipes to the book. The Commission does a number of things to support and enhance the lives of women in their area and of course this started a lengthy conversation at the table.

I came with Wild Porcini Sauce that I had delivered while I was in San Francisco from Sciabica, and Italian pasta and Greek Olive Oil.

Dlynn and I parted with plans to make a Penzeys run to one of the Denver burbs in the next few weeks and I'm really thrilled that Karen and Charles's daughter is in Denver because that means they will visit again.

The restaurant, in a major hotel, which had many good reviews on various sites, was a new one for me, selected to be fairly convenient for Karen and Charles since I knew their time was limited. RR and I had eggs Benedict, Dlynn a breakfast burrito in a homemade/fried tortilla and Charles and Max had huevos rancheros We might have done better in Boulder but the timing would not have worked out. It's easy to find great weekend breakfasts out, not so easy on a weekday. The service was good, the food OK, but the company was superb! And that is what is really important!

Lee

Comments (21)