SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emagineer

ceramic top stove/cover for more counter space

emagineer
16 years ago

I have a small kitchen, although a good size for my needs and plenty of room for 3 or 4 people hanging around.

When the kids come home we all end up jammed into the corner counter area. Why we continue to do this eludes me. There is working counter available on two sides of the stove and sink.

I've moved counter items around to direct working there, elbowed them into the end counters, verbally reminded all there is more room available.....but we still end up hugging together in the corner.

Most of our cooking when they are home is barbeque or oven, so the stove top isn't used a bunch.

I was thinking about using the ceramic stove top area to expand our cooking events. Something like a butcher block big enough to expand over the stove top. Adding small bunn feet for sitting on the counters so the butcher block doesn't touch the stove. Having to move this to use the stove isn't the greatest idea, but sure would give me more counter space.

This idea may not even solve the issue with our kitchen corner family time. Sometimes I have to giggle thinking about the reasons this continues.

Has anyone done this? Not the corner family thing, although it would be interesting to know my family isn't wierd or alone doing it. Is there an existing cover which would allow the use of a ceramic stove top space?

Comments (7)