SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Craigslist-Bad and Good

jannie
15 years ago

I'm trying to clean out my garage. It's been the fibal resting place for things we don't want in the house-a TV, a bookcase, some old suitcases, etc, you catch my drift. One of the things in there was an Ikea desk kit we bought years ago but never put together and used. I advertized it on Craigslist, for free. I got several emails. I called the first one, told her my address and phone and gave her directions to my home to pick it up. She said she would be over between noon and two on Friday. Never showed so at six pm I called the second responder, gave her the same info. She promptly came over and got it. That's the good. The bad- responder number one waited a day, then sent me an email calling me "Not a nice person" for giving the desk to someone else. And I got a very strange email from a third person which was full of nasty sexuaL remarks. I'm scared because all I wanted was to get rid of a piece of furniture, not to receive threatening emails. My two daughters said I was stupid to give out personal information. Now I'm a little scared.

Comments (22)