SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diane_sw_mich

Pain med advice, please

diane_sw_mich
12 years ago

Hi..I've been gone awhile, and was mostly a lurker when I was here.

For the time being, I have internet where I'm currently staying.

Some of you know about the nasty fall down basement steps (backwards at that!), in Dec. 2009.

I shattered my left leg right above my ankle. For being 50, I guess I healed pretty well.

I have an appt. coming up @ the health clinic. I need to discuss pain meds. I was given Norco (vicodin) and it's a blessing when I'm on my feet too long, esp. during the winter.

Ok, so I held off until late last month to get a refil. I really only use them when nothing else is working.

I can no longer take them. I started becoming itchy to the point that I had a hard time going to sleep because I was so itchy. Never affected me that way before. There are other narcotics that affect me like that as well, Morphine, Dilaudid and one other I forget the name for.

I have no insurance and I am on a sliding fee scale @ the clinic. With all the clients they have w/out insurance and the homeless, the visits are very brief.

I really need suggestions on pain medication. I've had Ultram before for other pain, but it was just so so. Sounds like I need to stay away from narcotics, which is fine by me, but they do offer the best pain relief.

So, any suggestions?

Diane :)

Comments (16)