SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

OK, need your creative minds to help me

rjinga
14 years ago

Problem solve a set up for a new much smaller booth at another mall. LONG STORY SHORT is that I got a call that a small space had opened up in a bigger, busier more productive mall. I tried to get in there before but they had a long long wait list. So I set up where I currently am. But this is a way to get my foot in the door and test the market there against where I am, and it's a very reasonable price. So I'm going for it.

This new space will be mainly for overflow furniture pieces and I will also display other decorating items, china pieces, etc. I'll most likely rotate things between the 2 booths.

Here's the trick

The space is only 6.5 deep and 5.5 feet across the front.

My first thought was to build a wall of shelves against the rear. which would be 8 ft tall and 5.5 feet wide and maybe a foot deep. I could put a sturdy step in there to aid in reaching items up higher if necessary.

I would also like to build upper shelving on the 2 sides, but leave space below for the furniture pieces to go.

I would say, depending on the size of the furniture piece that I would only be able to have 2 to 3 and not more than 4 at the max pieces of average sized furniture in there at a time. So to mix it up, I'd put a few dressers, and then maybe a bench or smaller tables etc.

Most of the dressers and cabinets that I have are not more than 18 to 20 inches deep and on average they are 3 ft wide. An armoire and different chifferobe/wardrobes that are 24 inches deep also on average 3 feet wide.

It's going to be VERY tight so organization is going to be EVERYTHING.

I'd love to hear any ideas that you might have for building a surround of some sort for the space that would be most funtional as possible. And any creative ways to maximize such a small space with furniture.

Comments (19)