SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lake_girl_gw

New to GW - need kitchen help

Lake_Girl
13 years ago

We are trying to update mid-90s kitchen without breaking the bank. I have slightly off white raised panel cabinets (they pretty much look white) and I thought we would try to keep them and update with larger crown mold, trim, etc. I've acquired second hand stainless appliances (Frigidaire Professional only 4 years old), so the old white ones are out. We're having white oak floors refinished and trying to beef up the island.

Now to my two main questions - I'm thinking about soapstone or granite in a black shade (maybe honed). I'm trying to keep a farmhouse look to stay in keeping with the style of the house. I'm concerned about the soapstone not being practical after seeing some of the posts on GW. Can anyone help me with either soapstone or other choices to get that look. I like the veining in soapstone to help hide every little crumb.

Also, would you include the traditional 4 inch backsplash? I see counters with and without it now.

Next, what color knobs should I go with? Brushed nickel is the obvious choice, but they look so dull when I put them up. I've bought several and I'm not sure. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (7)