SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thenarrows

Identify the architectural style of my house?

thenarrows
14 years ago

We closed on our first house a month ago. It's not old by the standards of this forum, but it's not 'new' by any means. It was built right after WWII (the building permit shows it was completed in 1946) in the east part of Tacoma.

It's fairly unique, and although I've been looking I have yet to see anything quite like it in the city. There are definitely brick structures from the period with similar cues and layout, but usually quite a bit smaller.

Anyway. Take a look.

I apologize in advance for the satellite dish apparently intentionally placed in the worst possible location. And for the grease on the lens.

I'd post pictures of the inside, but it's pretty bad, acres of ancient, rotting carpet and faded and scratched paint. Actually, I've seen much worse, but it's kind of sad in it's current condition. The interior is quite spare and functional, really. Lots of plastered arches and thick, solid walls.

Any input? Of the close to 50 houses we looked at in the past seven months, this is the only one I can't drop into a neat, tidy category. Maybe that's why we fell for it so hard.

Comments (16)