SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Canadians? Only Ontarions? Thinking of quitting smoking??

joyfulguy
13 years ago

As you may recall, the Cancer Society, various health units and some other socially concerned agencies have held campaigns in the past in this area where they encouraged folks to quit smoking for a month, and had a draw for a number of prizes, often including a car.

They're doing it again this year, signing people up now to quit during March, and one needs a buddy to ride herd over one to ensure that s/he really does it.

When I came out in a hurry this morning, headed for my blood test and the old guys' coffee hour at church ... I forgot the newspaper that told of the particulars.

This is just to give you a "heads up" and I or others can provide more particulars later.

I sure hope that a number of you who are smoking now choose to participate.

And for those of you in jurisdictions where such campaigns/contests aren't available ...

... wouldn't it be a good idea if some folks were to challenge your local agencies with a similar focus to set up a such a progam in your area?

In areas where healthcare is not primarily a public service, perhaps some of the privately managed agencies might offer support, as well: minimal support now - or heavy pay, later?

ole joyful

Comments (5)