SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

Updating 2 baths - small budget, no experience

Jess TKA
13 years ago

Hello!

I love this forum but I'm generally just a lurker because I rarely take on any of the projects I need to accomplish around here. I'm single without a huge budget so resources are modest, I get intimidated by the GORGEOUS homes I see here and elsewhere, and I'm indecisive on top of it all. :) I need to take a leap and DO something this year! I could really use your help.

I have two full bathrooms that are similar in size - small, with a single vanity in each plus the tub and toilet. They're not horrible but I dislike the olive greenish vinyl flooring and formica vanity top. The vanity cabinet in each is that boring builder oak and there's a large, plain mirror above the sink.

I don't plan to replace the cabinets because they're in good condition and it's out of the budget. No plans to paint them either since I'm afraid of screwing up and the oak matches the rest of the doors, trim and cabinetry in the house. What I do want to do is tile the floors in both bathrooms, put on new granite vanity tops with new fixtures, maybe add cabinet and drawer pulls, frame the mirror, and paint the walls.

I could really use some inspiration. If any of you have similar builder oak bath cabinetry but you've done upgrades in vanity top, flooring, hardware, etc. would you please share photos? I'd love to learn from you!

Comments (3)