SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mc_hudd

Kitchen binder, household notebook, etc...

mc_hudd
16 years ago

Hi. I have recently been searching the internet for Kitchen binder ideas. I haven't seen much on here for this topic & was just curious, does anyone out there do this? If so, what do you keep in yours?

I just started mine & I'm having a lot of fun putting it together. Here's what I have so far:

1 1/2" 3 ring binder w/ homemade cover.

binder zipper bag for extra sticky notes, pens, etc...

Motivation: a full page of quotes found on the internet, about different things, mostly to give me inspiration, with a pic of my DH & my 2 dogs watermarked behind the quotes.

Calendar section w/ personal & cleaning schedules inside.

Shopping list. Here I sat down & compiled a list of everything we want to always have on hands. I thought this way I could sit down before each shopping trip & read over this list & maybe it would jog my memory... Seems to be working so far, but I've only used it once... LOL.

Tips & tricks section. This has different little tid bits of info, like homemade cleaning solutions, info about my houseplants, etc...

Phone #'s section w/ all of the important phone #'s compiled into an easy to read list.

A health section. Here I made up 2 sheets (1 for DH & I) & I'm going to record when we've went to the dr., what for & what med's were given. I thought this might be handy for in the future to know if we can or can't safely take a certain med. and incase there are any patterns we wouldn't notice w/o looking back over a written history.

An "Important Papers" folder.

A "Misc. Papers" folder.

Next, I took a page protector & labeled it "Bills". Here I'm going to slide any bills into this pocket that needs to be paid, hopefully this way they don't get laid down & forgotten, etc... And they're all in one place.

Same thing for "Coupons". I'll slide any coupons I want into this pocket & go through them while making my shopping list.

A "Projects" pocket. Here I'm going to keep any instructions on projects I want to do... right now I have a lot!

A pocket labeled "Other", just for something I want to keep, but not sure where to keep it.

Then, a pocket for "Mailing Supplies". This has postage stamps, address labels, a few envelopes, etc. in it.

Next, I have another folder labeled "Wish Book". This is where I'm keeping cuttings from magazines of misc. stuff that I want, but can't/don't want to order immediately.

Finally, I have a zip lock bag that I fixed to fit into the binder. I labeled this "Odds & Ends". I will keep small objects here & hopefully figure out where they belong... LOL.

I've also decorated it all w/ Sunflowers (my kitchen theme, since this is where the binder will be living) and cursive fonts. I have made most of it on my computer.

I've read that a lot of ppl keep a "recipe" or "food" section & put recipes, menus, meal plans, etc. in this section. I will be adding that to my binder soon, but in all honesty, cooking isn't really my thing. :)

Sorry this was so long. I just thought since I was asking, I should also tell. If you could tell me what you've got in your "kitchen binders" maybe I'll think of something I need to add to mine.

TIA :)

Comments (8)