SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Would you buy a slab from a photo?

sayde
13 years ago

Have been looking at counter materials for over two years and finally found what I really want. The slabs I saw at a local fabricator had already been sold. There were no more coming. I asked them to look for me but heard nothing back. So I looked myself, online. And, finally found two, at a distributor about eight hours away. They do business with the local place, and the local place said they would be happy to bring one of the slabs here for me. (In fact she said was amazed that I found some, and she would probably buy them both because she has someone else who also wants this and it is hard to find.)

I have a couple of small pieces here. I know I love this marble. I feel pretty comfortable that I can look at the image of the slab (and there are some closeups) and extrapolate. If the slab comes and for some reason I don't want it the fabricator will say OK but they will have my deposit and I know there is no other material that I want.

So, given all this, would you put a deposit on a slab, based on a photo?

There are three fabricators here who are large enough to have some choice and none of them has this marble or any plans to get it. In fact none of them, other than this one, is willing to bring in a slab for me. They just offer you what they already have. This is one of those times when it is really a trial to be in a small city with very limited choice. If you don't want one of the more standard things you are out of luck.

Comments (18)