SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Anyone have slanting floors and how did you fix them?

debbiep_gw
17 years ago

Hi,we just bought a 1931 farm house and it has some floors that slope midways the house,the floors are wood and some have plywood over them.The slope is somewhat noticeable but to me not that bad.I've seen worse.How is this fixed?I'm assuming it would have to be jacked up but the crawlspace is only accessible around the edges under the house and then it needs to be a very thin man to get under there.I mention this in case someone would need to go to the middle of the underside of the house.Down the middle of the underside is dirt that is mounded up for some reason and also a huge tree stump that it appears the tree was cut down and this portion of the house was built over it.This is a house that additions were built on as needed it seems.Should it matter the house sits on bricks.I'm figuring I'm going to need to fool the eye with this problem,the floor seems solid,a few squeaks but I like that.So how do I make a floor look level,providing it can't be jacked up?I've no plans to use carpet in the house.Thanks in advance

Comments (6)