SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Childhood traveling memories.......

FlamingO in AR
16 years ago

Woody and I were talking today and I recounted one of my favorite memories of when we were kids and Mom and Dad were taking us places on school vacations and summer vacation, we lived in southern Wisconsin and we went all over the Dakotas, Florida, Arizona and Colorado sometimes, New Mexico, Massachussetts, Canada to visit relatives, we even went to Bermuda once.

Anyway, the memory- we 3 kids (ages 5,6 and 8 or thereabouts), all with our noses pressed to the glass in the car vetting motels. "They have a pool! Oh, no swingset,though...." "There's one with a playground! Don't see a pool, rats." "Look! LOOK! This one has both, Dad can we PLEASE stay at that one?"

Well, after a full day in the car with 3 kids, my parents would give anything for some peace and quiet, so motels with playgrounds and pools always got our business! lolol Places with indoor pools got us in the winter.

I also remember having our picture made in front of a big cement dinosaur, out west somewhere. It was, of course, bright green. Once we graduated to having a travel trailer, campgrounds were scoped out by 3 tough little critics. lol Looking back now, I really appreciate all the trouble and expense my parents went to to entertain and educate us. We had lots of fun doing it, too.

Do you have any favorite traveling memories from when you were a kid or from when you took your kids on trips?

Comments (21)