SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

DH and night sweats

Indy_Anna
16 years ago

DH has this great quality of not going into a panic unless he's sure there's a reason to panic. Me? I'm not one to panic, but I have been known to over think things.

DH has been having night sweats to the point where our entire bedding is soaked. He keeps towels next to the bed so he can lay them on top of the covers and sleep on something dry for the second half of the night. (With two kids, we don't need another reason to be night to change sheets)

I finally convinced him to go to the doctor, and worked with his school schedule enough to get him in. And boy am I glad we did. Apparently, this isn't normal :) They are doing a full workup on DH. We know the typical (or differential) diagnosis is TB or HIV. We're pretty sure DH doesn't have either of these. But given that he's lost 30 pounds recently, cancer is on the list. I was okay at first because I it was just another thing on the list. But now that I think about it even more, it's the one that makes the most sense. And that makes me worried, and not in a clear-thinking sort of way. It's not so much "DH has cancer", but more of a "He's almost done with school. What will this do to his schedule? Should I continue on my career path with a new job opportunity?" type of thinking.

I'm not overly worried yet, but there are lots of tests to be done in the next few days. If you could say a little prayer, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Audrey

Comments (19)