SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Too Many Cabinet Companies Too

aliris19
13 years ago

I cannot believe how many cabinet makers there are out there. It's really pretty wild.

Somewhat randomly, perhaps, I have received accolades for:

Kraftmade

Omega (Dynasty)

Ultracraft

Merit

Medallion

How on earth is one supposed to choose between them?

I'd prefer frameless; that sends me to Merit (Canadian) - but they have 5" toekicks. Ych.

Ultracraft sounds very attractive but I haven't actually seem one and someone here dissed em. The KD who recommends them has installed them for just 6 months. He loves them but that's basically a hiccup ('s worth of time) in my books.

Omega seems loved by many around here. I thought the framed cabinets appeared a little clunky. But that's probably just being picky cause you have to do *something* while kicking tires in the showroom. I'm sure they'd be wonderful in the end.

Kraftmade also comes highly recommended around here and by the KD who is pricing it; other KDs have thought it was less of a deal than, say, Ultracraft.

It's hard to just take "the cheapest" bid as these all come out to be apples:oranges comparisons, try as you might to standardize.

On top of it I may have found a local dealer who would be cheaper than the cabinet stores....

Ay! Any thoughts or comments on relative quality among these lines would be much appreciated. Advice, too, as to how to choose, if there is anything to be offered (other than 'go with what you love' or 'the cheapest' or 'it doesn't matter'.

Thanks....

Comments (18)