SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starfish24_gw

Coordinating Mudroom and Kitchen cabinets -- too many finishes?

starfish24
15 years ago

I'd love suggestions for what cabinet finish to use in our mudroom hall. Some background: We have two cabinet finishes in our kitchen: a dark ebony-stained cherry on island and butler's pantry and a light cream on most of the perimeter. Our floors are a medium dark wood. Past the kitchen is said mudroom hall, which is all tiled and which leads to the garage door and laundry at the end. The area will hopefully be similar to nomorebluekitchen's fabulous area, if you've seen her recent pictures. Only difference is that ours might feel a little more set apart just because of the change in flooring. Also, we have lots of white trim and doors (to bathroom, basement, closets, etc.) in that hallway. I can't get in to take photos right now because floors are being done.

I'm ordering cabinets for a desk, maybe lockers, and also the laundry room and am trying to determine if a medium brown stained (eg, "Spice") cabinets would look OK or if that's just too many colors and I should instead just stick with a glazed cream, similar to in the kitchen. This area can definitely be seen from family room, living room, etc, even though it's down a long hallway. Any thoughts?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor