SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkoebnick

How do you pick out a backsplash?

jkoebnick
12 years ago

I am overwhelmed. I took my granite sample to a tile showroom yesterday and became even more confused than I was before I got there. I am so nervous that I'll pick something and not like it once installed. That's what happened in our last house...we went with tumbled marble in 6 in. tiles turned on a diagonal with a mosaic on the bottom and once it was installed, I thought it was way too busy. I want plain, simple, soft looking.

Our granite- Fantasy (Astoria) which has mostly grays and creams in long lines like White River and then has speckles of a red/burgundy color. The tile people saild slate would look good which it does but looks really busy and dark. Then they said marble bottiacino would look good but at home it looks too pink.

I am so confused. How do I pick a backsplash? I know what I don't want...I don't want 4" or 6" tiles. I like subway but bigger ones. I also kind of like really big tiles like 12" but would that look funny as a backsplash? I want plain and simple but nice and calming.

HELP???

Comments (8)