SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pawsitive_gw

revising those snow totals....

pawsitive_gw
16 years ago

Some places on the deck only had an inch, other spots had 12-14". Thought it wouldn't be too bad journeying out to feed the critters. Opened the door from the garage to the backyard and I swear I started shoveling about 10" deep and by the time I got to the garden gate it was 36" deep. (not really, but with a puppy SITTING in the snow shovel it seemed a lot deeper than it was!) The gates all open IN towards the garden, so it's a shove a little, scoop a little and finally the gate opens enough to squeeze through. Then it's shovel behind the gate so it will open all the way, shovel over to the straw pile, shovel over to the gate to the hen yard, clear that, go back and get an armful of straw to make a path to the chickens and the hen house to dig out their door and let them out. I just plowed my way in knee deep snow to the sheep hay stack and manhandled the gate to get in. Back to the front of the garden and shovel the 14" in front of the greenhouse door. Time to sit down with a cup of hot tea and a heating pad! Tell me again why I live in snow country.......oh, yeah, it's really pretty here!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH