SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

When is a gooseneck faucet too ridiculously high?

theresse
14 years ago

I really want a wall-mounted faucet, but also really want a sprayer. I was seriously leaning toward the JACLO Steam Valve wall-mounted gooseneck faucet w/ pull-off sprayer because from a couple of feet away this wall faucet looks like there's no sprayer at all, which I like.

But the kitchen sink size is 15" high from the center of the levers/knobs, and remember it's wall-mounted so it has to be up a bit. My backsplash, from counter to the window ledge above it, is only 14 3/4" high. There's enough clearance that the faucet wouldn't hit the ledge of course, but to go above the window ledge (while admittedly not blocking the windows themselves) seems odd and overly dramatic for a humble kitchen with tall cupboards on either side of the sink and two windows above it.

Any thoughts? I'll include a link (see below) to my kitchen sink as it is now (and apologies for how messy the kitchen was!). It will have a stainless counter, Shaws 30" fireclay farm sink, and light marble subway tile backsplash (and the current island's top will be replaced with butcher block), and FYI the cupboards may or may not be painted a creamier off-white, to avoid too much blinding white. Eventually the lower cabinets will be replaced, too.

Here's a picture of the faucet, and at the bottom I'll include the link to my ugly kitchen!:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=9be9b51314&view=att&th=1269b714c0449987&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=0.1&zw

Here's the shorter version, which I've been told is more appropriate for a bar because it's too small, "they say."

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=9be9b51314&view=att&th=1269b714c0449987&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=0.2&zw

Click on "specifications" for the dimensions of the smaller size. Do you agree it's too small for a Shaws sink (which I think is 18" deep)? Is the dark grey silicone nozzle too chunky looking for that shorter size (going for period kitchen look)?

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen too small for big gigantic kitchen faucet?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm