SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandsonik_gw

Need help finding a really small sink!

sandsonik
16 years ago

I don't consider my house THAT old, it was built in 1945. But I was hoping that people with older houses might be able to help me with this before I hit the bathroom forum.

I have a downstairs half bath that's basically a closet. It has the original sink and it badly needs replacing. My problem is, I haven't been able to find much of anything that will fit in the space and allow the door to close! Pocket doors are not an option, by the way. The sink is attached to the wall but the pipes go through the floor, and the faucets are mounted vertically to the back sink wall, rather than on top. The door BARELY clears the sink now and only because it has diagonal edges on the corners. There's a fraction of an inch to spare! The depth from the wall to that diagonal corner is only 8 inches, maybe 9 - I'll have to re-check.

I would love to get a pedestal sink, especially since the modern ones are taller; right now if you're sitting on the toilet on the opposite wall just after the sink, your knees are practically touching the sink. My aunt says a drunk designed my bathroom since you can sit on the toilet and puke at the same time - too much information? I figure if the sink were taller, at least ones knees would fit comfortably underneath when one ends up kittycorner on the toilet as most people tend to do because this toilet is also right against the back wall of the room!

Anyway, I have found a Crane Squire wall sink online that's 15 inches wide and 12 deep - too deep but maybe with the lesser width, it would work? How do I measure that?!

I was really hoping that those of you with old, small bathrooms would be able to point me to some plumbing suppliers that specialize in smaller, problem bathrooms! I have seen one or two REALLY tiny wall sinks but would like something slightly bigger than that if at all possible, and if I could get a stylish pedestal sink, so much the better. As I've said, the depth from wall to front is more the issue than the width, although it has to be on the smallish side for width as well since there really isn't any room to spare in this bathroom!

Crossing my fingers that you can provide me some leads.

Sandy

Comments (17)