SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkpowertools_gw

Dilemma...Inset Window blinds / Double hung windows

pinkpowertools
15 years ago

We are changing our casement windows for double hung throughout our house. I need to make a decision this week as to which windows to go with.

HereÂs my dilemma I would like to be able to install 2" wooden window blinds or grass cloth roman shades inside each new window. I do not want to cover the window trim with the shade or blinds I choose. Most windows I have looked at do not allow much space if any at all to install the blinds inside the window jamb area.

What have you done to solve this problem or what window manufacturer makes a window that allows you to do this.

Originally, I thought I would go with an Anderson Architect series wood inside fiberglass exterior divided light window with an extension jamb but the window is made with a bevel edge on the jamb and then the extension is added on (IÂve been told) so this might look weird and still not allow enough room to screw the brackets to the inside of the window. Plus my walls are standard 2 x 4 framing and with the extension jambs I would have to build out the trim around each window. I canÂt pad the walls because I donÂt want to redo each room with drywall and repaint just to get thicker jambs.

Anyone else have this problem with their windows? What did you do for shades and blinds and what brand windows do you have?

Comments (2)