SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colickyboy

Which KitchenAid dishwasher???

colickyboy
14 years ago

Our last dishwasher was a Kenmore Elite that was only a couple years old when it broke down. First it wouldn't drain, then it wouldn't turn on.

After reading about Miele's 24-hour air-dry process, I ruled out Miele. And Bosch also apparently has no heat dry...plus the interior of one Bosch was EXACTLY like the Kenmore Elite that crapped out on us, which was odd since I didn't think Bosch made Kenmores.

Anyway, I'm now deciding between two KitchenAid models: the KUDS40FVSS and the KUDE60FVSS that several on this forum seem to rave about. I guess the main difference between the two is that the KUDS has a food grinder whereas the KUDE does not. But my neighbor got the KUDS and said the grinder doesn't seem to work well b/c she has to rinse her plates pretty well in order for the dishes to come out clean. Not sure if that was an installation issue or if that is consistent for other KUDS owners?? Seems like the KUDE owners all rave about the cleaning ability even without a food grinder. And are there other factors that make a KUDE better than a KUDS, or vice-versa?

Either way, the money I'm going to spend on this dishwasher will be significantly more than my previous Kenmore junk (which was still, sigh, a lot of money) so please help me figure out which KitchenAid model is the better investment!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio