SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Happy birthday to me!!!!

lindac
15 years ago

I had a $50 gift certificate to Williams Sonoma. I sort of planned on savoring it, and thinking and mulling it over before jumping right in and spending that $50 in one spot....besides I am not enamored with WS....think they are over priced with stuff that is shiny and more suited to people who want to look at their kitchen stuff rather than actually use it! Ever see a cast iron fry pan at WS that wasn't coated with red enamel??

But my daughter took me to lunch, and she also had a WS gift card ( but her's was $175!!) so away we went.

I looked and mulled it over, don't need any more knives, nor pots and pans. Don't need anny very expensive brownie mixes....why not use real butter and some lovely Belgian semi sweet chocolate?

But then I remembered....I don't have a kitchen scale! And as luck would have it the OXO was $49.95....so with a few $$ tax it's mine.

Now....why do I need it? I rarely measure but when making a cake or pastry, will I really use it to weigh my flour?

But I have it.

My daughter bought a 2 2/3 qt round Le Cruset Dutch oven...which did indeed make me drool....but I have 4 Le C Dutch ovens....do NOT need another!

And she has $75 yet to spend!

So...what would you do with a WS $50 gift certificate? or a $175, for that matter?And what uses will I find for my scale?

Linda C

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus