SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emilieva

Need help - how to cover 16 ft window - pics included

emilieva
14 years ago

First time poster here - although I have lurked for years!

We have a large uncovered 16 ft window in our family room that has our only TV. We don't have cable and don't watch a lot of TV so it normally isn't a problem that it is uncovered. However, this time of the year, with football playoffs and 20 degree weather, we watch more tv/movies during the day and my husband is getting really fed up with hanging sheets over the window to eliminate the glare from the window.

I have procrastinated over the years with the solution to this problem because I really don't know how to deal with the length of this window. Plus, I rather like the undressed look of the window. The 2 side windows are about 40 inches and the middle window is about 8.5 feet. I would like as many ideas/suggestions/pics/inspiration photos as possible to help me decide how to cover this window.

Although I know it would be really pretty, I really did not want floor to ceiling drapes because the sofa is up against the window. I guess i could pull the sofa out a bit and when we need to close the drapes, we could easily pull behind the couch.

One of my new years resolutions is to get this problem solved in 2-3 weeks. THANKS for any help you can give me.

Comments (13)