Anyone married to a chronic complainer?
21 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
Related Discussions
Live in smoke allowed building neighbor complaining
Comments (16)LOL. Thanks! When I smoked a cig on my patio, he flipped out and that's when he started pounding with his fists on my door. Fool--the manager lives next door and heard him. AND she has never smelled smoke either. There is some fairness on this earth: she told him he should move if he doesn't like it, and is considering evicting him for his behavior anyway. I am out of my lease and getting my deposit back. I can't believe something finally worked out fair. I've had horrific landlords, three the last 10 years, and it's been something else. I am still moving to Wyoming and I am going to rent a nice little house for less than 1/2 the rent for this stupid apt., and NO NEIGHBORS. I had no idea renting could be so horrible and I am glad there are people working for tenant's rights. The last one I lived in turned out to be illegal and I couldn't believe anyone could do that. I could have been evicted by the city at any time, and here I am, single, 55 and sick half the time with fibromyalgia and chronic fatique. Basically, just trying to make it to work every day. Really hard to deal with the stress, when all I want is a quiet, half-way decent place to live. And I pay top dollar here in San Diego. The apt. owner before didn't spend one penny on maintenance for 7 years, and after living with duct-taped carpet for 2 years, and a $135 rent increase, I moved. This was at $1100 a month. I have been shocked at how awful people can be. I will be VERY wary next time :) Again, I am so pleased to regain a little belief in the goodness of man, due to my present manager's actions. I was really beginning to wonder if everyone had just gone bad. So greedy....it won't be like this in Wyoming. Lived there for 8 years, and the people were wonderful. Still, I will be wary LOL. I only have a drop of trust left....See MoreRecently married -- DH wont tell his kids
Comments (29)I remember helenar all your previous posts and you cheated with this man before he was officially divorced. You are the other woman to begin with. So dont' complain about your Dh not telling his kids he married you. It was a small wedding because the fact is, YOUR THEOTHER WOMAN. So who is going to support this wedding? Obviously a small crowd. I dont care if his marriage was dead for the last 5 years. There are ups and downs in my marriage. Does that give me the right to go F someone else and start seeing someone else while having kids? NO! You signed a iron clad contract. Good for you. I'm not saying you are a gold digger. Cause u signed it. BUT, you didn't want to work and you wanted him to support you. His kids and exwife probably thought you were a leach. I'm not saying you are one. I do not know you well enough to say that about your character. But from your previous posts, about sitting in the back of the church etc.e.tc.. and now complaining that your DH wont show off your marriage to him. It began on questionalbe terms to begin with .I'm surprised he married you . Yes he may have fallen in love. and you may be great together helenar. BUt you both got together while he was still married. Stillunder contract. Your foundations were built on cracked ground. Dont cry wolf now. You built it this way with hiim. Now live with the consequences....See MoreMarried a great man, but terrible stepdad
Comments (41)"Their BF was no more than a caregiver for them while I finished my degrees. After that I felt that he could not do enough for us,so I divorced him and told him to move on. It took him a while to get over it, and he turned from a nice gullible man to a crazy nut. " You know i was going to defend you for your household but after reading more carefully i fully understand now why people are so pist off at you. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS LINE I JUST READ. So you basically used this man, your ex, while you finished your degrees and then tossed him! WOW> You are a lowlife troll. I dont care if you pregnant. GOOD for you to marry a rich person. BUt HECK, for a moral perspective, your a leach. Hope your current husband made you sign a prenup to prevent you from dumping him and taking half his business. Yes, you provide for your kids. But they will hate you when they get older when they truly realize why you left their BF. ANd yes, they will have low self esteem while their stepfather caudles their new brother. So he didn't give any money to your kids. He still was a stayat home father while your got your degrees. You would be nothing right now, with no degrees if it weren't for him! If you didn't think your ex was worth anything then why did you have kids in the first place with him.? Why didn't you just use birth control , get on with your studies, and get married to a rich person in the first place????? oh and degrees mean nothing. I have a friend who dropped out in high school..he's a billionaire! and he still hates school...lol... You said it, your ex turned from a gullable man to a crazy nut. YOU USED A GULLABLE PERSON TO MEET YOUR ENDS , TOSSED HIM AND MADE HIM CRAZY. Who's the bad person here???? Take a good look at yourself! you know what? dont cry wolf. you made your bed, now ly in it! Don't complain that your new husband is a terrible stepparent. He is not terrible. You are a terrible person for dumping your ex the way you did and now you are complaining your rich husband doesn't look at your other kids the same way? WHY SHOULD HE?...See Morechronic migraine - help me understand
Comments (34)I firmly believe that people who suffer chronically and don't help themselves, do it because on a psychological level they benefit from it. It's an excuse for them not to achieve, it avoids responsibility, or it reinforces their sense that they don't deserve better...it's a way of getting attention, or hanging on to those you fear you might otherwise lose. There are a myriad of reasons why. Many of those reasons can occur at an unconscious level. Only by doing the work of probing and understanding our past and our thinking can we understand and unwind the path that lead us to where we are today. We had an aunt who was always miserable. All she ever did was complain. My Mom used to ask me why if she is so unhappy doesn't she do something to fix it...and I would respond because Auntie is never so happy as she is when she's unhappy. She never thought she'd get attention if she was happy, but by being miserable, she garnered attention and support. She fulfilled the role that she believed was hers. I heard this talk on meditation by a chiropractor/yoga instructor/etc. He told the story of one patient who had a chronic shoulder problem. She been to doctors and chiropractors and nothing seemed to help. So he asked her to tell him her story. Turns out that she sat next to her father at the dinner table who was an angry man and who would often reach out and strike her where she sat. To protect herself, she got in the habit of hunching that shoulder. Only by telling him, did she make the connection between what was necessary back then, what is no longer necessary now and how to solve the problem....by understanding and then letting go of the past....See More- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNThe Cure for Houzz Envy: Kitchen Touches Anyone Can Do
Take your kitchen up a notch even if it will never reach top-of-the-line, with these cheap and easy decorating ideas
Full Story
KITCHEN OF THE WEEKKitchen of the Week: Good Flow for a Well-Detailed Chicago Kitchen
A smart floor plan and a timeless look create an inviting kitchen in a narrow space for a newly married couple
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Restoration Revives a Historic Italianate Home
Painstaking work on a 3-bedroom in St. Louis results in a home that marries modern conveniences and respect for the past
Full Story
ORGANIZINGDo It for the Kids! A Few Routines Help a Home Run More Smoothly
Not a Naturally Organized person? These tips can help you tackle the onslaught of papers, meals, laundry — and even help you find your keys
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
LIFEWe Can Work It Out: Living (and Cleaning) Together
Run a household without fussing and fighting with these ideas for how to work together on household chores
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGClean Routine: Housework Strategies the Whole Family Can Share
Keep the peace while maintaining a tidy home, with these ideas to get all kinds of cleaning personality types in on the act
Full Story
FURNITUREWhy Your Room Wants a Small Chair
Overstuffed chairs have their place, but undersize ones have more. Tuck one in and watch guests flock over
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Extravagant Sinks for Luxurious Bathrooms
Make a statement with a sink that celebrates artistry and individuality — just be prepared for the price tag
Full Story
SMALL HOMESA 1970s Avion Camper Gets a New Groove
Goodbye, shag; hello, fab! Fresh white paint and cheery fabric turn an original mobile camper into a bright and airy vacation home
Full StorySponsored
rosieo