SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackeyedpeas

Stain, paint, color glaze? HELP!

blackeyedpeas
16 years ago

I'm in a quandry and I desperately need help from you ladies. OK here goes, we are in the midst of a home build. Actually we are in the homestretch (WOOHOO) and I need your collective expert advice.

We have walnut floors however walnut doors were WAY out of the budget so we have purchased solid pine 6 panel doors and my idea was to stain them as close as possible to the floor color. (knowing full well that the grains are different) I have been researching stains and application methods and am now scared to death because apparently pine does not take stain evenly and I will not be a happy camper if I ruin our $100 doors. SO..... here is my idea and what I want to know is do you think it will work or does anybody have any better ideas. I'm thinking of using Benjamin Moore glaze with as dark a brown color tint as I can get, that way the woodgrain will show through but it should cover evenly since it is a surface color. Right?

Then again I could color wash the wood with a dark luscious brown and then poly over that. ARRGGHH. What should I do ladies. HELP PLEASE!!

Lisette

PS. These are the floors

Comments (12)