SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whiteorchid75

Need help quick

16 years ago

DSW bought some pork loin slices and in an attempt to make some quick meals, he grilled them and froze them. He figured I could whip up some sauce or glaze to pour over them when the time came to warm them up for a meal.

Well, that time is here, and I'm a little stumped *bear in mind that I haven't been able to do much grocery shopping for 6 weeks, and even though I make lists for DSW, sometimes he has unique interpretations of them*

So, using what I have on hand this evening, and I can't send DSW to the store because he's at work right now, I created an interesting sauce. I used a cup of chicken broth, 3 tablespoons of cherry preserves, a couple good splashes of balsalmic vinegar, a pinch of salt, a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper, and a little thyme.

I tasted it, and it tastes too dark and flat to me. I have nothing to brighten it up, either, I have a feeling that a little lime or lemon juice might help with that.

Or it could just be that I'm so used to plain rice and turkey that my tongue was overwhelmed by all the flavors I assaulted it with. *shrugs*

Help? How can I save this sauce?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio