SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

We're FINAL!!!!

aliris19
12 years ago

OK, you are absolutely the only humans on the planet who could give a fraction of a penny of care about our stupid house. So I have to bore you with this: We Passed Final Inspection Today!!!!! I am SO excited about this. It's not the case that we're done by any means, but I've been so worried the city will start hounding us for more inspection fees and on and on ... so worried about what we'll get caught out for, etc. (We're more or less trying to be good citizens but I think it would take about 4 seconds of looking to find something wrong here or anywhere else for that matter. There are so many rules, so many ways to screw up).

The inspector who showed up was the penultimate one and he was such a mean-man last time around. When I saw his outline at the door today I almost decided to play possum and ignore his ring ("I wanted the *other* inspector please...."). But of course I met my fate, swung open the door and proceeded to be shocked. Our "visit" was less than 12 minutes long, and his response was "I looked at that last time, right? What were you needing me to look at? You don't remember? Neither do I..." etc etc. He couldn't fall over himself to be more benign (whatever that means).

I think last time he was new; 1.5 years later he's not. ;)

So ... now if we only had some money left we can do what we *really* want to do!

Comments (13)