SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiarab

Gaggenau combi or Kitchenaid Steam Assisted Oven

tiarab
15 years ago

Eight months ago I purchased a 30" Kitchenaid Steam Assisted Wall Oven for my current home. I love it. I steam vegetables and fish. Love a turkey from it. I rarely use my other oven since the KA arrived.

Now we are purchasing a new home and remodeling the kitchen. I am leaning towards a Lacanche Sully 1800 with a gas and a electric convection oven. I would still like a steam assisted oven. I am trying to decided b/t the Gaggenau Combi unit and another KA Steam Assisted Unit. It seems that the Gaggenau may allow the user to be more precise in the level of steam produced, while the KA would have the advantage of being full size. I know that many people are huge fans of the Gaggenau, but I am not exactly clear on all of the advantages over the KA, which does not seem to be discusssed much. Is the steam faster? Is it the steam only feature? Is it better for people who want precise control over the humidity? (I tend to rely on KA's automatic settings.)

I am hoping someone has insight on this. I am having trouble leaving my KA oven behind (but maybe the Gaggenau will make me forget the KA?).

Comments (2)