SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uxorial

Help me come up with an act for a talent show!

uxorial
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I know I haven't posted much lately, and part of the reason why is that I'm now involved with Sweet Adelines (barbershop harmony chorus), and it's taking up some of my "forum" time.

My chorus is having a weekend retreat in a couple weeks, and on Saturday night we're having a talent/gong show. We're not required to do anything, but of course it's more fun if a lot of us participate. Our director says that we can make it as good or as "bad" as we want. And we can do anything, not just sing (we're all singers, obviously). Last year someone showed the group how to make a balloon out of paper!

I'm at a loss for what to do. For one thing, I have pretty bad stage fright, although that's getting better, especially around my chorus friends. I don't sing as well as most of them, so I don't want to sing anything. I don't dance or play an instrument. I can't do magic tricks or twirl a baton.

Does anyone have an idea for something I could do? I will be driving to the retreat, so I can take a few props if necessary. But I don't have enough time to put together an elaborate costume or memorize a long skit.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments (31)