SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_yfingernails

DS has another mah-velous (?) adventure

dirt_yfingernails
16 years ago

DS agreed to drive his gal friend back to college in Duluth since he owed her and her parents a minor favor. The 2-3 hour drive is VERY rural, there can be miles between houses, so I made him take my cell phone. Mr. Techy Engineering boy doesn't like cell phones and has lost his pre-paid phone.

I don't know what possessed the kid, but apparently he thought he was taking a short cut on a very rural dirt road the next county over, about 30 miles from home. He traveled down the road a few miles and discovered it wasn't the road he thought. (it was near midnight by that time). He tried to turn around and got stuck. So DH and I get his call around midnight. He tells us he turned onto A's county road #30. (He has never been good with directions and couldn't even tell us how far out of town he had driven before turning off.)

DH gathers up a tow strap and shovel and takes off to find DS. DS, the normally always prepared "Boy Scout" didn't have those items with him. GRRRRR! DH finally found him on county road 32, not CR30! Darn kid is lucky, temps were in the single digits, he was out in the boonies, no homes close by, didn't know where he was, couldn't give good directions. At least he had cell phone service! We don't have service at our "new" home, my pre-paid phone was bought when we lived at the old place. I don't want service with a contract as I just keep the phone for emergency travel.

Glad DS made it home safe.

Comments (3)