nausea with hot flashes
24 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (33)
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
Related Discussions
how long do you have hot flashes and night sweats
Comments (68)I also am very happy to find websites like this. Never had a problem until 64 and doctor thought I needed some estrogen for "dryness" issues. I was on Estriol compounded as it is not sold in U.S. but is in other countries. 2 1/2 months had to stop using as it made me ill. I realized later it was ordered too strong . My Gyn was also an Ob and specialized in adolescent pregnancy. What was I thinking !! Started very disturbing symptoms about 2 months after the end of Estriol. Profuse sweating, followed by chills, rapid increase in heart rate (over 130), dizziness and nausea in the middle of the night, night after night. I was so exhausted I ended up passing out and in the hospital. First Cardiologist, then Endocrinologist and finally going next week to GYN specialist. Of course went through the "you must be having anxiety" talk. Did I mention I am a retired Major in the Army Nurse Corps and psychiatric trained Reg. Nurse. I only mention this as I was almost starting to believe them. Thank GOD, and I mean this, I started to do my own research. Hot Flashes and Night Sweats with severe vasomotor reaction, very common. Well I say with all my heart thank you ladies for sharing on sites like these. It has been 81/2 months and they are definitely less. I am using magnesium, Vit. E, watching sugar intake, doing deep breathing , trying to control stress and thinking about Remifemin. Good luck to everyone ....See MoreHot flashes, night sweats, anxiety and gagging
Comments (8)The gagging could be from what is called "silent reflux"... I didn't even know i had it until i went to the doctor with an ear ache which was also contributed to the reflux. When you are laying down the acid can creep up and then in turn make you cough and gag. I had nausea as well for many years from this and did not even know it. It is quite common in perimenopause as it relates to hormone fluctuations. I take an OTC Zegerid at night for the reflux and it has helped a lot. Also, not eating a few hours before going to bed may help as well. Not sure if this is what you have but it sounds like it to me. As for night sweats i found that at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, walking or running helped tremendously. It also helps with my anxiety and nervousness that also comes up out of nowhere at times. The only thing getting me through is the thought of making it to the finish line and this being over fairly soon... i hope! Good luck...See MoreHot flashes stop after only 5 months
Comments (8)I hate to be a grinch and maybe you have escaped the hot flashes but I have had hot flashes on and off for a couple years - I thought they had stopped but they returned two times after flash-free periods of months. However everyone is different so I hope that your hot flashes stay away! Mine have been the worst ever in our hot temps recently - perhaps it is the contrast between our temps outside and air conditioning inside that is confusing my hypothalamus! I do lead a healthy lifestyle but admit I do need my 2 c. of strong coffee in the morning and maybe it is time to give it up (sob)....See MoreBest Natural Herbs or Remedies For Hot Flashes?
Comments (1)I have the same question. I see this was asked a year ago. Did you find anything that worked?...See More- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Flash a Little Neon
Make your rooms come alive with acid-green glassware here, electric pink candles there and decor in a whole host of other hot colors
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Flashes of Industrial Style in a Modern-Rustic Dream Home
In this picture-perfect getaway, you can sleep under the stars without leaving your bed — and heated brick floors keep toes warm
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: A Hot Streak of Black and White Stripes
Cool and collected yet as dramatic as you please, black and white stripes bring a graphic edge to furniture, fabrics and accessories
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe New Nostalgia: History With a Kick
Just like fashion, interior design sometimes flashes back with an edgy yet restrained interpretation of the past
Full Story
BOLD COLOR10 Ways to Love Neon
Horrified at hot orange? Bright pink turns you pale? These modern ideas for neon around the home may turn your aversion into affection
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEThe (Lost) Art of Laziness
Do you go to bed with to-do lists flashing through your head? Try one of these 11 ideas to give yourself a break
Full Story
EVENTSTrends from the Front Lines of Furniture Design
See what’s hot in furniture again through the designers’ offerings at the 2014 ICFF
Full Story
NORTHEAST GARDENINGNortheast Gardener's July Checklist
Fire up your garden with sun-loving yellow and red blooms to put you in a party mood for outdoor summer fun
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESBackyard Birds: Northern Cardinals in the Snow, and Other Red Birds
Brilliant crimson feathers make these friends stand out in a crowd
Full Story
METAL10 Ways to Add a Silver Lining to Your Interiors
Let your home shine this summer with a host of shimmery treasures
Full StorySponsored
kccbscurt