SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgillman

demolition derby starts Tuesday!

16 years ago

Well, looks like it will really be happening. My contractor is coming to take out the cabinets & stuff on Tuesday and we're off and running. I am emptying the junk drawers and pantry, but am leaving Friday to teach a weekend workshop and won't be back till Sunday night.

My Elkay 28" stainless sink, Caldera 30" range top, and Doulton water filtration system & faucet are sitting in the livingroom. I called Doulton and they told me I needed only one filter because I have municipal water. I paid a bit extra for the high capacity one (he laughed because there are only 2 of us and this is meant for offices with 5-50 people)-- but it fills at the rate of 1.4 gal/min instead of a half gal/min. I can't stand the slow filling of a pot, so I hope this will be better.

I need to order my appliances tomorrow, since they need about a week.

I don't have my kitchen faucet, ordered 2 wks ago from Chicago Faucet. They are still waiting on KWC and hopefully, will send it out at the end of this week. When I mumbled about the time lag, they said "this is why our prices are so low." I knew the faucet wasn't in stock, but this is ridiculous. Nonetheless, I am saving $150 over the lowest price I found elsewhere, so we will see.

If all the cabinets are perfect (is there any such thing?) we should be done for the most part, in a couple of weeks.

I still need to pick pendants and let the electrician get under cabinet fluorescent skinnies.

Still undecided about powder room faucet - I'm down to these 3. (yeah, I know this belongs on the bathroom forum - but oh, well, I may post over there, too).

I love this one best - it looks like a piece of sculpture to me.

DH likes this one best but I can't get excited about it. On the other hand, do I NEED to be excited about a powder room faucet?

This one is either a good compromise or a camel designed by a committee. Dunno. Haven't seen any of them in person.

Comments (11)