SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christine25_gw

What kind of window treatments for MBR?

12 years ago

I am deciding on what kind of window treatments to do for our master bedroom. Right now I have a couple of double-width linen pinch-pleat curtains on the main wall. As you can see from the photos, when you enter the mbr from the 40-ft long hallway you see three large windows in front of you with enough wall space on either side to comfortable show off two pleated lined curtains panels (direction I am leaning in). The difficulty lies in the fact that the right hand side walls turns and there is a window right there, just inches in from the corner. As you can see from the pictures, the wall to the right of the 3-window one which is on your right as soon as you walk in has the window along the left side, very close to the corner, and the other window on the right side is 12 inches from the other wall. We have our king-size bed centered along this wall and will keep it there: there really is no other option. We are planning to purchase an upholstered bed with most-likely tufted headboard in neutral fabric color (unless we go for a Lee Industries one like I saw in TH several months ago: love at first sight but will probably die at $). There IS room to put panels on these windows as well, I THINK, if we were to do 5 total for the room: 1 on either side of the 3-window wall, then one on left side of bed, and one on either side of the right window on the right side of bed.

I am wondering if any of you think it would be BETTER to go for some sort of roman or balloon shades instead, but they would NOT be operational. We would probably go for the bamboo shades down the road if we feel the need for privacy, and the curtains would also be decorative, not functional. I am leaning towards curtains because I feel that long window wall almost screams for them, but would like feedback. I have some B&F toile in blue and yellow could use for either shades or curtains possibly, but have always had an affinity for silk curtains: either goblet or inverted pleat. Thanks in advance for your feedback! PS: chairs do NOT have to stay and will be looking for other nightstands eventually as well.

Comment (1)