SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfeegirl_gw

Opinions on these three pendants...pics.

cawfeegirl
14 years ago

So I live in a colonial home in Richmond, VA. Its very boxy and of course colonial. We are taking out a wall to open up the kitchen to the family room and sun room. The sun room will basically become the eating area as we will have our table and chairs in there. There will be an 8 foot peninsula dividing the space between the kitchen and the family room/eating area. Because the rooms will sort of flow into one another, Im trying to keep to the style I already have in the family room. Which is....I dont know..."wishful-thinking Pottery Barn"? OK so it has a fireplace with heavily trimmed mantle and built-ins and cabinets flanking the sides of the fireplace. That is all painted in BM Linen White. I have a chocolate brown leather couch (kind of transitional, not overlystuffed, not contemporary, no tacks, etc.) and an 8X10 area rug in persimmon and a bit of gold. The end tables and couch table is Attic Heirloom by Broyhill...a rustic oak, similar to a mission style..again, nothing elaborate..just simple. I have two mantles over the leather couch with framed photos leaning on them. I have a Georgia O'Keefe "mission" print over the fireplace. I have some wrought iron stuff on the walls... Pottery Barn wrought iron lamps....The wall color that it is right now doesnt really matter because thats going to change...Once the wall is opened up, the kitchen, sunroom (eating area) and family room will all have to be painted the same color.

The reason why I tell you all of this is because my kitchen is leaning towards being "craftsman" or "mission" style which I think will go fine with the rest of the house. Im going with a Maple Shaker door in Toffee. The glass doors in the upper cabinets will have the mission-style mullions and the new window over our sink will also have mission-style mullions. Im trying to decide between the two pendants that are below for over the peninsula:
{{!gwi}}From kitchen stuff

OR:

AND then, my next question is..I LOVE this pendant and would love to put it over my sink...I had planned on doing something different from the peninsula pendants over my sink..but is this TOO different? Is it a clash of styles?

Which of the two above pendants do you like and is this one ok with either of the above for over the sink?

Comments (14)