Noticing Perimenopause Symptoms - Armpit Pain?
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (107)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Menopause/perimenopause - heart symptoms - help!
Comments (18)So far, I have seen 4 different cardiologists, 3 of which are electrophysiologists who specialize in arrhythmias. I have had every test under the sun. I even wore a portable heart monitor for a month. I do not have A-fib, I have "ventricular tachycardia" and PVC's -- they have seen it on the monitor so they know exactly what the abnormal rhythm is. When I ask why it is happening, they say that some people are born with abnormal pathways in the heart that can get irritated and misfire, especially when exposed to things like caffeine, adrenaline (from exercise or stress) and hormonal changes. I have had bouts of palpitations on and off since I was in my 20s, but each time, cutting back on the caffeine fixed them. This was the first time I've had the VT as well as the palps, and while cutting back on caffeine helped a lot, it hasn't made them totally go away -- and like I said, they seem to be related to my menstrual cycle. So I'm guessing that if I was prone to palpitations my whole life because of some inborn tendency of my heart, menopause may be rough going for me....which is why I would consider the HRT, even though I am normally very anti-hormone meds in general (like I said, I've never even taken the pill). I did see the endocrinologist for a thyroid workup after one of my thyroid numbers came back abnormal. But apparently, it wasn't an important number because they tell me my thyroid is fine -- all the important numbers like TSH and T3 and T4 are right in normal range. I do have an appointment with a second endocrinologist in a couple weeks -- I made it a few months ago (she was out on maternity leave) before I saw the first endocrinologist and I figure it can't hurt to get another opinion on both the thyroid and the menopause stuff. Thanks for all the suggestions so far, and for the links. I will spend some time checking out those sites today and see if there's something I can try supplement-wise that might help before I go the HRT route. Please keep the feedback coming if you have any experience with any of this -- supplements, HRT, or menopause in general. I am so not ready for this, LOL!...See MoreLeg Pains - Bone pains
Comments (35)EllenP123 , I have been mulling over what to post since I read the above last week. I am sure you did not intend it to be humerus but I laughed reading that you" went to bed 49 and woke up 100". I have been struggling with horrific leg pain for over two years. I daily think holy moly how in the world do people with chronic pain function.Although I have been dealing with my leg pain for months I am not going to categorized it as chronic. My first reaction to my leg pain was to see an ortho specialist who dx the leg pain as stress fractures since I had carried over 900 pieces of granite over a two week period. Yup I counted them. The M.D. gave me a few packets of celebrex that was given to him by the pharmaceutical sales rep. I told the Doctor I am allergic to Aleeve. Alleeve makes me swell and I gained five pounds after three doses. I was smart and had removed my wedding band . It took a good week to reduce the swelling since Alleve has a long half life. Those who are allergic to aleeve are recommended not to take celebrex. I questioned the Medical Doctor who assured me I was misinformed. I took one dose on the way home since the leg pain was horrific. Within two hours I was a mess. It felt as someone was squeezing my heart. I did not need to be hospitalized but monitored . I no longer take Motrin since this is a sister NSAID of celebrex and Aleeve. My point is there are some majorly hubris doctors out there who screw up at your expense. I have had a few nights where I cry cause the leg pain is horrible. No position soothes the ache . I have tried rest, aspirin, warm soaks, ice packs, massage therapy,accupuncture and a dose of darvocet . I came across a book a few years ago about how the body is aligned in two parts. While attempting to find a position to relieve the pain I massaged my toes, foot pad, achilles tendon, tibia ,fibula, knee,thigh, hip ,butt and lower back with a tennis ball. What I figured out is that the pain is in my knee area but when I massage the upper thigh and achilles the pain goes away. A few years a go I had tennis elbow from shoveling the driveway for five hours. When I massaged the shoulder blade and my pectoral muscle the elbow pain disappeared. Pain is not simple . One must identify the source. For me the pain is due to overused muscles and menopause. I am tiny but can llft 60 pounds with ease. If you gave me 62 lbs I balk. I think for some the pain we are experiencing is the lose of estrogen so our tendons get brittle. I too went to bed feeling great and awoke with the crippling pain. What i found that works is to take care of yourself. Take breaks when doing your chores. Swim. Stay active. Place down pillows under your hip and knees at night. Take calcium with magnesium DAILY eat bananas three times a week. The potassium helps with any cramps MAssage your legs from toes to butt with a rolling pin or tennis ball. Make sure you stretch the ham strings( the rear thigh leg muscles). So after two years of several medical visits, accupuncture treatments and masseuse visits for me I figured out what works for me. Some who go into menopause never experience leg pain whereas others are crippled. I was 45 when the periods stopped. My male ob gyn said this was impossible. Sorry but not everyone is a text book case. I have had some wonderful male physicians but at this point in my life I need someone who is informed on a women's life cycle. THe key is to enjoy life. Drink the coffee if it makes you feel good. You will need to experiment with your diet , and supplements. I found that black cohosh did squat. Eating the bananas and religiously taking my calcium with Mg helps. You are not alone. Pilates helped too!!!!!! My mind is racing since I need to get my chores done. A sip of wine at night helps some. For me a little rhum took the pain down a notch. My best solution is the stretcthing and staying active. I am still in pain at times but I can manage it....See Morepainful breast
Comments (15)Hi twolips i wil definatly be back on to let you know how i get on im definatly doing the right thing getting it checked out i know that much like i said i am trying to be positive and optomistic its the only way to go otherwise i think id go insane this is such a difficult time in out lives aint it , im so pleased you have beat the monster gud for you hun , you gotta remain positive girlfriend , i am a fighter like you obviously are , how old are you lori? are you perimenopausal ? i am 46 and had a hysterectomy when i was 30 had 1 ovary left in and had no symptoms of menopause until last sept i started with palps like a bolt out of the blue then this year the flushes and everything started what a minefield of confusion , all i seem to do these days i fill in my monthly symptom checker chart do research and comfort myself by coming on here everyday to reassure myself the way i am feeling is quite usual for my age ,my fella is only 27 but we have been together for 11 yrs and he is very patient and understanding he deserves a medal lately i swear anyway take care i look forward to another chat to you ok shelly ps i am in England where are you?...See Morepregnancy symptoms
Comments (38)Hi every one of you wonderful supportive & very kind women! I am beyond grateful for finding this thread after quite a bit of searching on the net! I just turned 49 years old last Friday (Aug. 15th) & because of all your kind words & your personal stories you've all shared, you've made me feel sooooo much better! I have 2 sons, with my oldest being 19 & my youngest, being 16 & a half. They both are the absolute joy, treasures & blessings in my life & I thank God every day for blessing me with them, & I cannot believe how lucky I am to have these 2 incredible children & being given the privilege to be their mother! I was always told as a teenager & well into my mid-20s, that I would never be able to conceive a child due to the fact that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (aka PCOS). My ex-husband, whom I divorced over 6 years ago, is the father of my 2 sons. We did have many challenges re: infertility but, I was able to conceive my oldest son, after 2 years of fertility treatments. I should also mention, I know when I conceived, due to Trans-vaginal ultrasounds. I swear, within 2 days, I started having pregnancy symptoms, such as morning sickness, fatigue , craving Bologna & Cheese Whiz sandwiches in the middle of the night, etc. I had a urine Preg. Test, as well as blood work, @ 25 days, post conception but both were negative ! I didn't have a positive blood test, until Day 38, after conception! Although my Obstetrician disagreed with me, my 2nd son was conceived through acupuncture. I am an RN, but had a serious, work-related back injury & I was receiving the acupuncture to help control the constant back pain. Because of the PCOS, I've never, ever had a regular period, & there've been times through the years, when I've actually gone up to 2 years without a period. But, while I was the acupuncture treatments for about 3 months, I actually had a regular cycle every 28 days, whilst receiving the acupuncture. I'm not sure why, as I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms @ the time, something told me that I should buy a pregnancy test. Lo & behold, it was positive! I can't begin to describe the sheer, utter joy felt, when I did a HPT (Home Preg. Test). I should also mention; both of my pregnancies were extremely difficult, such as needing to be on bed rest with both boys from 18 weeks, to my delivery. I was also, especially with my 2nd son, very sick with constant "Morning Sickness", as well as being in & out of hospital numerous times with both boys. As well, with my 2nd son, I was literally walking down the hallway (no stairs involved), @ about 16 weeks, speaking on the telephone, when all of a sudden, I had this horrible extremely sharp pain, worse when I took a breath, non-stop pain & I literally collapsed on the floor! I couldn't move a muscle because of the pain. My husband @ the time, rushed home from work & had to actually carry me to our car; as well as carry me into our Chiropractor's office. Apparently, 2-3 discs in my mid-back had herniated, again...this all happened while I literally was doing NOTHING,(I do promise, there's a reason why I mentioned this, lol) my ex-husband & I, had always wanted 3 kids but even after numerous fertility treatments, we never were successful. 6+ years ago! post-divorce, I met the man of my dreams! He's the absolute love of my life, my best friend, my soulmate! He's never been married,nor has he any children. He is absolutely phenomenal with both my sons; especially with my youngest, who has moderate-to-severe autism. He truly is much more of a father to my sons, than their own father. About 3 years ago, I had my IUD removed, & ever since then, I'm absolutely astounded & flabbergasted because, I've had a regular period every 25-28 days, like clockwork! I actually had some symptoms similar to puberty, including acne, PMS, etc! I had my last period around the end of June, early July, 2014. I wasn't thinking about pregnancy, as well as, thought with the PCOS, & my age, pregnancy days were over. In the 3rd last week in July, of this year, I started getting extreme nausea. To this day, if I get too hot, too tired, or the smell of literally anything cooking, I end up with horrendous retching/dry heaves, for up to 30 min, many times a day. The only thing that helps, is to be in a cooler temp & free of any odours. My sense of smell, I swear, is multiplied by a thousand! My breast size has almost gone up one size since the nausea started. The only thing I've been able to eat, is red licorice(I don't mind it regularly but, I'd never eat it before all of this) & Jello Pudding cups. I'm exhausted beyond belief, my abdomen is growing daily, I'm either crying over a Hallmark Commercial, lol, or losing my temper over absolutely ridiculous things, (normally, I'm very good-tempered, rarely get angry, rarely cry). I've had unexplained heartburn, off & on, &, the most obvious sign...my abdomen is growing, a small bit everyday! When I should've had my period on Aug 6/Aug7th, I had some pink spotting but on Aug 7th, I had very heavy bleeding, with quarter-sized clots & a few times, it looked like very small bits of either more clots, or tissue!?!? Prior to this happening, the pregnancy symptoms were so severe, a few days before this, I literally couldn't get out of bed, due to the extreme nausea & fatigue. I had also had a lot of cramping before this too. I thought maybe that I'd had a very early miscarriage but, the bleeding only lasted 10 hours. After this, no further bleeding or cramping! I still have all the pregnancy symptoms but they're about 35-40% lessened in severity! As well, after the bleeding episode, as time goes on, they're starting to increase in severity! I really do think, I may've been pregnant with twins but possibly???, I may've very sadly, miscarried 1 of them? As well, what happened with my mid-back, with my 2nd son, literally occurred last Friday!!! Same pain, same scenario, where is literally standing still in the bathroom, just about to start putting my make up on, when...excruciating pain, bringing me immediately to the floor! As well, my very well-controlled asthma, again with my 2nd son, was so bad, I literally couldn't climb 2 steps, without getting short of breath. (This happened @ about 10 weeks with him. Same thing with my asthma, since this past weekend! I absolutely & most, most sincerely apologize for such a long post but the reason for such a long post is: I've been doing HPT, every 2-3 days, since my symptoms started. I've tried different brans, even tried with only the 1st morning urine, BUT, they're all coming up negative!!! However, 1 of the tests did have a very, very, very faint line, which my hubbie could see too! I did a HPT last night; negative! I was beginning to think I was going crazy here, lol, I thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, for taking the time to read such a long post; as well as, for all of you sharing your experiences! I'd be eternally grateful, if anyone has any suggestions, or has had a similar story! I'm going to go to the ER today, with the hopes of getting some answers! I wish you all, nothing but the best, including much, much, much happiness, luck, light & love...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Sponsored
HU-647997376