pregnancy symptoms
19 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (38)
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
hot flashes and black cohosh
Comments (11)I have symptoms (same as my mother) of early onset Menopause. At 35 years old I've already suffered the hot flashes and night sweats and irregular menstruation. I've had the symptoms come and go since I was about 30-31 years old. A handful of years ago I suffered a false pregnancy and a Native American woman I knew told me about a combination of Soy Isoflavones and Black Cohosh (capsules) to help regulate my hormone levels. The combination brought my hormone levels back into balance within a matter of days, relieved and eliminated ALL of my pregnancy symptoms. When I started having the menopause symptoms more frequently I tried them again on the theory that if they can regulate hormones from "pregnancy" back to normal then perhaps they would help with menopausal symptoms too. I have since discovered that adding St. John's Wart to the mix also helps with the irritability that goes with it all. I've taken these together for 3 years now. I noticed a change within a matter of 2-4 days when not taken consistently. When taken consistently I have noticed that they tend to reduce the frequency and intensity of hot flashes and night sweats (if not eliminate altogether for extended periods of time). They also tend to regulate the timing and duration of menstruation to a more consistent schedule as well as reduce cramping, fatigue, mood swings and irritability. I'm sure like with all herbal remedies there may be mixed results for everyone. But I hope the information helps and if you do decide to try it.. I hope it works wonders for you like it did for me. Tricia...See MorePossible pregnancy at 51
Comments (2)It is extremely unlikely you are pregnant, but I suppose another pregnancy test in a few weeks can assure you. (I had regular monthly periods until last year, at 57! But my doctor told me around age 48 that I could stop worrying about birth control, as it would take a miracle to get pregnant naturally. (She explained that even if we still have regular periods in our late forties and into our 50's, our uterus knows we are no longer meant to conceive and will not 'accept' an egg, unless we use IVF drugs to artificially force it to do so.) However, I'm bothered that your doctor simply stated all was fine, as I'd be wondering whether something might be amiss with your ovaries or uterus, after reading your symptoms. Please ask your doctor if you should have an ultrasound to see if an ovarian cyst or thickened endometrium could be causing your symptoms....See Morequestion re pregnancy and throid
Comments (6)It can be extremely serious. I have thyroid disease and on a daily basis it affects me, I would think when pregnant it would definitely make one have some special needs. Are you sure it is hyper not hypo? Either one is still a serious condition. "# Women with severe or uncontrolled hyperthyroidism have an increase risk of infection, iron deficiency (anemia), and high blood pressure accompanied by too much protein in the urine (a potentially dangerous condition called pre-eclampsia). # If a woman has severe hyperthyroidism, her baby has a chance of having hyperthyroidism as well. There is a risk to the outcome of the pregnancy, having a small baby or a premature birth." "It is very important that hyperthyroidism be controlled in pregnant women since the risks of miscarriage or birth defects are much higher without therapy. " "Hyperthyroidism - or having an overactive thyroid gland - can pose special concerns during pregnancy. When the body delivers too much thyroid hormone, both the mother and the baby can suffer. Miscarriages, premature births, and intrauterine growth retardation can occur when the disorder goes undiagnosed or untreated. Pregnant women with hyperthyroidism can also develop high blood pressure, and are at greater risk of heart conditions." All of the facts above would be enough in itself to cause a pregnant woman much anxiety and stress not to mention the actual condition itself and the risk to the baby. Not every pregnancy is the same and each person has their own situations which impact them and how they react to them, it is important for those that are the support team to help relieve them of some of that stress and be supportive. It may not be how you would have handled it in your own pregnancy but you are not carrying the baby and you are not enduring the stress so try to help and stay positive it is the best thing for that precious little life....See MoreQuestion about hearing baby's heartbeat.....
Comments (15)I had problems with my second pregnancy. I was going to the doctor every 2 weeks until the last couple of months when I went every week. Apparently the placenta had moved until it was in the front of my uterus so they couldn't hear the heartbeat and I wasn't gaining much if any weight each time I went in--only gained 18 pounds for each pregnancy. Any way--long story, short--I had ultrasounds at least once a month--but usually after every visit because of the placenta moving. I had a very inactive baby too so I could go a long time with no movement at all. I hope you call the doctor and they can get you in for peace of mind. Good luck. Sheila...See More- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 18 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 18 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 18 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 13 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 13 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 13 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDES10 Signs You’re in the Middle of a Renovation
A renovation project allows you to choose every last detail for your home, but decision making can quickly go from ‘Ooooh’ to ‘Argh!’
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME10 Ways to Fight Pollen at Home
Keep sneezing and stuffiness to a minimum by making your house as pollen free as possible
Full StorySponsored
Trudy12