SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

A Visit with Sherry

wizardnm
16 years ago

I had a great visit with Sherry (sheshebop) and her DH (Roger) last night. They like to come up my way each year with their camper. They had Dexter with them so Roxie was more than happy to have a visitor too. I had to work yesterday and they stopped in at the store, American Spoon, when they got here to say Hi! Well, mostly to say Hi, Sherry had to get some of the Cherry Butter we sell, she's addicted to it.

Our dinner started with Cherry Peach Salsa and Blue Corn Chips and I also sliced some Artesian Cheese that just won 'Best of Show' at a big cheese show out east. The cheese is a raclette that is made near Traverse City.

I made the Roasted Tomato Soup that Maggie posted.

I dribbled the cream on the soup rather than stirring it in.

Our dinner was grilled tenderloin with morels and a red wine reduction with shallots, roasted new baby white potatoes and a cauliflower (purple and gold) salad with dried cherries, bacon parm reg cheese and red onion.

We also had a peach bread with peach butter, new recipe for the bread, turned out really good.

Sherry made dessert using a new pan called a Mary Ann pan from King Arthur. It's a one layer cake pan the has an indent that you can fill, Sherry used lemon curd and topped it with fresh fruit. Really yummy!

I can't thank Sherry enough for the beautiful stoneware plate and matching bowl she brought, it is going to better perfect for appetisers and fits into my collection just perfect. She also brought us a jar of Chocolate Cherry sauce, I can't wait to try it.

One more thing........

for the upcoming trip to Gatlinburg, I think these are required!

Thank You Sherry!!! It sure was a fun evening!

Nancy

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm