SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salgal33

doctors ethics

Sally Brownlee
14 years ago

I went to my family Dr. yesterday about stress migraines. I have had them for a while, but seem to be getting worse...we talked about anxiety being a trigger and that I was not excited about taking a mood stablizer.

He started to tell me about a product he takes and his wifes is a distributor...gave me a brochure and her and his professional ID is on the back sticker.

The product is distributed by a well known marketing company, technically not a pyramid, but close in my opinion.

My problem is that while he did give me prescriptions for my issues, he was peddling a non-FDA approved product that his wife sells and he, as an MD, endorses and is recommending to his patients (many are seniors as his office is in retirement village)

Maybe it is a great product, I am not disputing that because I really don't know. I think I would have thought more of him, had told me to research it. I can't reconcile that as an MD he profits from this product (through his wife)

I left not saying (or buying) anything, but am really considering writing him a letter explaining my concerns.

What would you do?

Comments (43)