SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Dining room rug...feeling indecisive!

Sueb20
11 years ago

DH and I are going to a local rug store this weekend to poke around, but I have a feeling their prices are going to be too steep for us (me). We have 2 aging bulldogs and I think now is not the time to invest huge sums on a rug. Having said that, this room is not a room where they spend a lot of time. They prefer to lounge in the living room where they can watch TV and curl up by the fire ;)

Anyway, here goes. The dining room, which we still call a dining room but only "dine" there MAYBE twice a year -- it's more of a library/reading room/game room -- is pictured below. We are awaiting delivery of a new table which is very similar to what's already there but it's new, Mission oak from Stickley, and has leaves (which we'll hardly use, but planning ahead for our eventual/next house). Also pondering new side chairs but the settee stays, as does a leather chair you can't see here.

Anyway, as I'm waiting for the opportunity to visit the rug store, I have found three rugs online that I like but they are all from manufacturers that I know nothing about. Wondering if anyone out there knows anything about these rugs, or just wants to weigh in in general. I know "Famous Maker" isn't a real brand, but maybe you recognize one of them from somewhere? All are from Rug Studio online. All are flat-weave wool rugs. Our current rug is OK but the colors are washed out, sort of blah, and almost everything else in the room is neutral. I'm looking for a rug with more color and I also like less plush rugs -- we have flat weaves in the rest of our first floor and I just love them.

1. "Famous Maker" area rug

2. another from "Famous Maker"

3. Kalaty Oak rug. I think this is my favorite.

BTW, this all started because of a new table. Now I'm off and running with new rug, new side chairs, and then, new curtains (or maybe no curtains, but the valances have to go). Poor DH. He just rolls his eyes.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths