SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyc113

Asexual guy

TyC113
13 years ago

I have a question with this, but first let me explain who I am.

I think of myself as a simple person with tons of interests. I am a person who likes to write, read, and study. My favorite music genres are classical, jazz, and R&B (sometimes). I am also into things like sports, and video games as well. I go to college as of right now so that I can achieve my career. Those things aren't complicated for people, but this one thing seems to blow people's minds completely. I am a 20 year old virgin who is wanting to stay a virgin for the rest of my life.

I'm a virgin in every way. I have not kissed anyone (not really wanting to) or even hugged anyone except my family members and a few friends. I've never had a girlfriend (obviously) and I'm not really looking to have one because I don't care to have a romantic relationship. I would much rather just be friends with someone. I would rather be friends than have a girlfriend or wife because friendship is usually a non-sexual thing, while in dating, there is an expectation of sex or deep passion, which is something I don't want at all.

Now that is who I am. The people that are closest to me are quite up in arms. My family is always saying that I am missing out on things in life and that they would like for me to continue on the family heritage. But I have a brother, so I think that he will do that. Their words aren't the ones affecting me.

The ones that are affecting me come from my friends. They often say that I am completely rejecting life and that I am just not going to be truly living. Then they tell me that I am sexually repressed or are in fear, which I am not, and they just make fun more. I try to tell them that I am fine, but they don't think so. They feel that anyone who chooses to not have sex is weird.

So I ask you this: Do you agree with them? Am I weird? Is it crazy to want to die a virgin?

Comments (52)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor