SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

Farmers Market Report Week 7

wizardnm
11 years ago

This week we had perfect weather for the FM. Clear, sunny, cool in the morning with temps about 80F at noon. I knew it would be a slower traffic week, with less vacationers, especially families and many waiting for next week to come up north for the Labor Day holiday.

We did good though! I am gaining more repeat customers and David's garden is producing more. I noticed the biggest slowdown in my sugar cookies...because of the kids not being around. May replace them next week with something new. I've already made a list of fall items to try...

Cinnamon rolls continue to sell very well, none to take home. :( Pretzel rolls, raspberry crumb bars, Asiago bread all did great.

Here's some pics of this week...

Our row..

The nice gal just down from us that I have gotten to know. She has an odd combination but does well at this and about three other FM's. She uses a commercial kitchen in a church.

The corn guy was in front of us again, up on the sidewalk. He was sold out by 11:15. He charges $3.00 a bag (10 ears?) or $2.00 a half dz.

Looking down the sidewalk...

My question for everyone here is, what fall baking treats do you think I should start trying? I'd like to try continue until about mid-October, but we'll see what happens after Labor Day.

Nancy

Comments (15)