SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Winter mantle views....after the holidays

My3dogs ME zone 5A
14 years ago

Building on NHB's winter view post, I recall that someone had mentioned how when they took down their holiday mantle decor, that their fireplace seemed sort of blah. I worried about that, too, when I took down my faux deer head and 'evergreen' mantle decor. WHAT to put there for the rest of the winter?

It was cold this weekend, so I just 'shopped' in drawers and cupboards for stashed stuff. I haven't used blue and white for years, and then only in my office/sewing room, when I had blue and white toile WTs. I honestly thought it looked cold back then, but I had off-white walls in here at the time.

What a difference it makes to put them with a soft background color in a room furnished with darker colored furniture. I see them in a whole new light now. It also picks up the deep blue in the Karastan rug and spreads that color more. The edges of the rug and part of the overall deisgn are navy blue, and there is some lighter gray blue in the rug also

Moral of the story - Move pieces around and use what you might question at first in a room. You may find a new look that you'll enjoy!

Before (Holiday) -

After (Rest of Winter) -

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County