SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Modular Home - Visualizing a Floorplan

eldemila
17 years ago

I'm planning on building a modular home next year. I went to all the area mod. home dealers in the area where I want to build to see what they had and I've scoured books and the web for floorplans for layouts that I may be able to use.

I think my biggest issue is that I need to actually see a model of what I want. The models on the lots are limiting on what they have vs the floorplans available. Understandably so, they can't have all models available to show.

For those of you who have bought a modular, or really, any home you had built from the ground up, when it was all said and done, did you have any issues with the what you thought the floorplan would look like vs what it really ended up looking like?

I'm scared to pick out a floor plan without seeing an actual model. I'm scared I'll hate it if I don't see it beforehand. When looking at the many models I saw I saw things I liked in one, and things I liked in another, but not one I walked in and said WOW, this is it. I've found soem floorplans I like, but again, there's no model.

For those of you who built modular type homes, did you buy it as is or make some changes to the floor plan and if so, what were they and how did they come out.

Did anyone use one of the CAD programs to do their layouts? I bought one that I'm hoping may help, if I can figure it out, it may be helpful, but haven't tried yet.

Would appreciate any and all info. I don't want to end up with a house I hate as I plan on being in it a long, long time (G-d willing).

THANKS!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio