SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotties_gw

Rush counter seats, cats and do these chairs make sense (pics)

LottieS
12 years ago

Looking for reasonably priced counter height seats for our peninsula. The kitchen is not yet finished but we're using it and need seating. My DH needs a seat with a back. The dining area is a square oak table and I included a picture of the dining room chairs. The chairs for the peninsula would be close to the dining area. For those who saw previous pictures I did paint the walls grey-they look whitish here but IRL they look like a light blue grey.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

After perusing past posts here as well as the net we came up with these two chairs. My concern are our cats. I read in previous posts that cats and rush seats may not be a good mix. We tried and failed to keep our current two cats from scratching our rug and ended up just removing it. Any advice from cat owners? I'm concerned if the chairs are a good fit for the space. We'll be using them quite a bit and they need to be comfortable. I do not want a "heavy" looking chair and am concerned about too many different woods. If we order the chairs we're thinking of a dark blue stain. Would white be better? Thanks

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)