SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celticmoon_gw

Spanking new HE2 plus - questions on noise, foreign objects, etc

celticmoon
17 years ago

I'm like a nervous new Momma here with this HE2plus. Haven't bought a new washer since 1983... It's all strange to me.

It is normal for the large door gasket to be in two pieces that will separate enough to let your hand in (to wipe, right?) At first I thought it was a defect and that the 2 sections should fit tightly. But I see now that that must be how the water gets around. I see water run along the inner clear door bulge and head toward the gasket. Normal?

Just finished my initial load. Spinning was as I read here: much like a jet airplane gearing up. But the filling seemed loud also. Also a couple banging or clanking noises I couldn't trace. And the tumbling wash - kind of a metallic clinking. Watching the "show" (please tell me everybody does this), I saw the clinking was when a zipper would hit the drum. So all that is normal?? Manual implies it all is. I'm a little surprised that it is all louder than I expected (unrealistic expectations no doubt because my last appliance purchase was a Bosch dishwasher).

I read the thread warning someone reporting banging that the installers hadn't likely removed belts and set screws = big trouble. These guys did take 2, not 4, giant screws with plastic extenders out the back. Not a belt though. Might there be a belt too?? Nothing in the manual about a belt. I will definitely check and be sure there aren't 2 more bolts back there they missed.

Next load of sheets and towels and robe quieter - no zippers - BUT (this is embarassing - too excited to check pockets I guess), I spotted first a quarter, then some bean shells, then rubberbands all accumulating on the gasket. Yikes, panic, door locked and all. When I saw the chapstick, I aborted the cycle and got the things out. But where would they have gone in a spin cycle? Is there a trap somewhere to check? Or do they end up on or inside the gasket? (I can't be the only person to miss a pocket occasionally)

All in all, so far so good. I'm using only 3 Tbs Tide HE powder to start and the waste water had some but not excessive sudsiness. The first load did seem quite squeaky clean.

Installers didn't level it all that well. That I can work on. And I need a clamp to move the waste hose from the tub to the sudssaver inlet. Which, get this, they told me to "have your husband go the hardware store to get a clamp and put it on." LOL. Right, I'll get on that..

Last question - I went to the gallery thinking I'd find fabulous pictures of laundry chapels to emulate. But I see hardly any... (way different than the kitchen forum) Am I looking in the wrong place?? Where will I find my inspiration??

Thank you for the handholding.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations